Collaborate with a world-leading cell and gene therapy hub
Film: World-leading hub for cell and gene therapy
Cell therapy, the injection or manipulation of living cells including stem cells to treat a range of diseases and gene therapy, an experimental technique that uses genes to treat or prevent genetic disorders, both have the ability to radically transform the way we treat diseases and ultimately save lives.
Report: Cell and gene therapy in the golden triangle
In our report and films we explore how the golden triangle of Cambridge, London, Oxford and the greater south east of England is playing an instrumental role in the clinical research and development of cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine.
With a world-leading scientific pedigree, a history of effective partnerships in life sciences, and flourishing research and development our report on the golden triangle features insight and case studies from academics and key industry leaders, including the Life Sciences Minister for the UK.
Our report will help you:
- Understand the implications of cell research happening across the region.
- Navigate the clinical trial hotspots, including a comprehensive map showcasing the clinical research network available to your studies.
- Learn about the fantastic funding opportunities available in the region to help the commercialisation of your cell treatment.
The importance of the golden triangle is that we cover all the elements, from the fundamental understanding of disease, to having access to over nine million patients. We are also the hub for the 100,000 Genome Project, which will have patient outcome data correlated with genetic data in a way that has not been done before.
Eliot Forster, Executive Chair of MedCity and CEO Immunocore
Case studies from academic institutions and organisations in the region already collaborating in cell and gene therapy include:
- How the UK’s commitment to genomics is helping US company Pfizer develop treatments for rare diseases.
- Imperial College London’s work with UCLA and MIT to transform cardiac stem cells to heart muscle cells.
- Takeda’s ongoing pursuit to tackle illnesses such as cancer, muscular dystrophy and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Cell Medica’s ambition’s to help patients with leukaemia and other haematological malignancies.
Interviews: Hear from experts representing government, industry and academia
Hear from leading academics and decision-makers that are helping to make the golden triangle one of the world's leading hotspots for cell and gene therapy research and development.
Interview with Dr Mark Carlton, President and Chief Scientific Officer, Takeda
Interview with Eliot Forster, Executive Chair MedCity and CEO of Immunocore
Interview with George Freeman, MP Minister for Life Sciences
Interview with Bobby Gaspar, Professor of Paediatrics and Immunology, UCL
Interview with Keith Thompson, CEO Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
Get in touch
MedCity can help you navigate and access different parts of the academic, NHS and industrial life sciences and healthcare environment across the golden triangle.
+44 (0)20 7691 3588
London & Partners is the official promotional company for London. Contact us to see how we can help, and for practical information on how to set up your business in London.
+44 (0)20 7234 5800